Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A glimpse of the future....

Today we are watching two little boys so their mommy can work. That makes 5 kids under 6. Our kids get along great, so it's really no issue. I was sitting at my desk getting some computer work done and kids were playing outside. When they are outside, I leave my bedroom window wide open, so I can hear everything that is going on. Well, I happen to check on them and this picture is what I saw.
Avery was sitting on top of our hot wheel table with one leg propped up and her arm was resting on it. She was staring at the two boys playing with the cars. She looked like a mini-16 year old and I swear her face had just the little mischievous smile on it. Like she was dreaming of her future with one of these boys. 
Then next to this picture, was Mason. He was standing on one of our patio chairs singing at the top of his lungs. On the radio was playing a hideous Alvin and the Chipmunks song and he knew all of the words. He was dancing and singing as if this was his audition to the American Idol. I know that this seems cute for a 6 year old, but I can also picture him at 16 with the same charisma, dancing and singing on a chair. The song choice may be a bit different, but the heart behind the singing will still be there. 
This picture that I saw in my head made me smile. I can only imagine what their personalities will look like in 10 years. I hope that they are hanging out at our house with their friends. I pray that they are making good choices and that they are following God. These next 10 years will fly by and I hope I can savor all these little nuggets of fun that my children offer to me. 

No comments: