Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Waiting around for people to show up

The last several days I have been having teacher meetings with my 13 families. They are scheduled hourly and I do them at our local library.... which has wireless access so that I can blog or facebook when I'm bored!
Well today, I have been stood up twice! I don't like to be stood up... I'm currently waiting for appointment 6 today, for which I hope they show up cause I'm starting to run out of things to do.
It's been interesting people-watching these last few days. Many weird people live in the High Desert. I mean you have the normal "scary-looking" people, in which I respond with smiling. My theory is that people can not shoot you if you are smiling. It's just rude!
Yesterday a lady walked in with her four children. She had a baby carrier, a 8 year old, a 4 year old and what looked like a 6 year old. She put her backpack looking thing on the table next to me and pulled out a nursing cover. I thought "oh, how sweet, she's going to nurse her baby." For those of you that know me, I'm obsessed with breast feeding. I always have to know if they are breastfeeding or formula feeding. I'm not judgmental about it, cause I didn't nurse all my babies for that long... I'm just super curious. Part of me is a bit jealous cause I wish I could be nursing a newborn right now too (but shhh.. don't tell Allen that part!) Well instead of hooking the baby up under that blanket, she pulled out a breast pump! We were in the middle of a very crowded library. I was very nosey and kept sneaking peeks at her. I just wanted her to talk to me and tell me why she would be pumping her milk, instead of feeding the baby. She looked like she did this all time, as she rocked the carseat with her foot and yelled at her 4 year old to sit down.
I love people watching..... it kills the time while I wait..... Oh, here is another one of my appointments....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...well my sis in law pumped and fed her baby the breast milk in a bottle. She said she was a difficult eater...she couldn't latch on, ate super slow... This is the same child that at 9 mos was still at the slowest nipple size cuz if they went up a size, milk would guzzle down the chin and she would start choking. So maybe this lady has the same weird problem? Who knows...

Anonymous said...

oh, but to do it in public though??? I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!! I guess that further confirms your theory of weird people in the High Desert!