Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School



Today Mason started kindergarten. WOW... what a big step for him.... what a hard step for me! He looked so cute in his brown polo shirt and brown oversized backpack. I looked at him as I was taking his picture today and remembered how he looked the day we brought him home from the hospital. He was wearing a blue stripe feet jammie from the Gap with a matching beanie. His little 9 pound body seemed so fragile and tiny. Now today his almost 60 pound body was kissing me good-bye as he walked into his class. He needed me so much 5 and half years ago and today he needed me much less.

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I loved this post. It reminded me to savor every moment with my little ones. Kindergarten seems os far away right now but I know it will be here before I know it. I wish they stayed little forever!

Jeana Hurst said...

Ohhh look at Mason! Such a big boy! He is way too cute for words!