Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nap time

I live for my children's nap time. In fact, I'm shocked when I find 2 or 3 year olds that don't nap anymore. I look at the mother and think "Do you not know that you are missing out on the most important time of the day?" I have done whatever I can to keep my kids napping as long as I can. Some say that is lucky.... I call it surviving.

Mason has began the no nap stage for about 6 months now. He has up until this week, been napping about 3-4 times a week. This week he has not napped at all. He is required to take a 20 minute rest on his bed and then if he is not sleeping after that time, he can get up and do a quiet activity. I have always stressed that this time is "mommy time." I love that Mason has picked up on this and has found ways to keep himself busy during this time. He is very good at playing on the computer, coloring, watching a movie, or reading books to keep himself busy. I'm very blessed with a child that is very responsible and if he did not understand the importance that this time is on his mommy, he would still be napping!

Since I have a full time job of being a virtual teacher, nap time is when I get most of my work done. Currently I'm writing my blog, and listening to an online meeting. Meetings, phone calls to parents, paperwork, etc. can not get done when I have to change diapers, break up fights, play Candy Land and keep sippy cups full. I live for my nap time and our family pocket book needs me to continue this structured environment for my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HECK YA for Naptime!!! I don't think I can give that up.