Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is why you don't have a lot of kids......

I have one kid in school, but I feel like I'm already a taxi service. Tonight Mason had his first choir practice. We have been trying to figure out what "activity" he will do for the Fall. I asked him to play soccer... and he was not into that. He wanted to do karate and that sounded good to me, but then one Sunday we got a flyer after Sunday School for a choir that was for K-2 graders. Oh man... this couldn't have been more perfect. Tonight was his first practice and he loved it. They sing very fun songs and they even dance. It was hilarious watching him try and keep with the dance moves - but he loved it! I'm so excited that he has found his niche.
Then after choir practice, we went to the book fair at his school. That was fun too. There always seems to be something to do.
Avery starts her gymnastics/dance/yoga class next week. For September and October she will be taking a class at the college. She is super excited - but that will keep us busy another night a week. I wanted to wait until she was 4 to start her in an activity, but she has been begging me to do something and this seemed perfect for her. After October, we can take a break or figure out what area she wants to focus on.
I can't imagine what will happen when Jackson is ready to start something..... There is not enough days in the week to have more children... Three is good.

2 comments:

Jeana Hurst said...

Ha ha...I love that Mason found his niche! I can't wait for Avery to start gymnastics...I think she is going to do awesome...Sounds like she is more than ready!

Allen said...

Mason and Avery are spending up all of the extra-curricular time/money. Jack isn't allowed to start anything until he's out of the house. Then I'll go watch his piano recital or whatever.